Monday, July 27, 2009

Play that Funky Music

Where I can ask a question.

Artists have begun to tour with the idea of playing an entire album as the basis of their show.  Van Morrison is touring with Astral Weeks.  This week Steely Dan is playing in Boston with Can't Buy a Thrill and Aja.  As I understand it the artists will play other songs as well but the whole concept got me thinking which albums I would like to see performed live.  Jules and I were talking about it the other night and came up with a couple.  Talking Book by Stevie Wonder was my leader in the clubhouse.  Coming up behind were Hotel California by the Eagles and The Joshua Tree by U2. Jules offered up Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens.

My question is:  Which albums would you like to see performed live?

No comments:

Post a Comment